Homeopathy: The Ultimate Green Medicine
The World Health Organization (WHO) identifies homeopathy as the second most popular system of alternative medicine in the world. It is also widely recognized for its natural and environmentally friendly approach to health.
Almost all homeopathic remedies are made from natural substances such as plants, minerals, and animal products. Most of the animal-based remedies are humanely-sourced and no animals are involved in testing the remedies.
An important feature about homeopathy is its lack of adverse impact on the environment. Neither the manufacture or use of homeopathic remedies produces any residual pollution of the water supply, oceans, or dump sites.
Manufacturing is completely sustainable, involving a minimum use of energy and no release of toxins affecting the environment. The unique manufacturing process can produce many thousands of doses from a single very small original source. As a result, homeopathic remedies cost very little to make or purchase.
10 Green reasons to use homeopathy
1. STIMULATING YOUR SELF-HEALING SYSTEM: Homeopathy works by stimulating the body’s own natural defence/self-healing mechanism to promote health and to resist infection and susceptibility to disease. Although gentle, the results can be powerful and long-lasting.
2. HEALTH & WELL-BEING: Homeopathy improves health generally, rather than merely alleviating localised symptoms. It treats the whole individual, acting on the mental and emotional levels as well as the physical level, providing a balance in overall health and an increased sense of well-being and quality of life.
3. EFFECTIVE MEDICINE: When it’s properly used, homeopathy can be an extremely effective system of medicine, providing long-lasting relief from many acute and chronic conditions and illnesses.
4. NO HARMFUL SIDE EFFECTS: Homeopathic treatment offers a gentle and non-invasive approach to health, producing no toxic side effects, no dependency or addiction, and no withdrawal.
5. COST EFFECTIVE: Homeopathic remedies are surprisingly inexpensive to purchase, especially when compared to over the counter and prescription drugs.
6. FAST-ACTING FIRST-AID RELIEF: Homeopathy can be safely used at home or on the road to provide rapid relief for minor problems such as bruises, simple burns, sprains, insect bites, gastric upsets, etc. However more serious or long-lasting complaints should be treated by a qualified homeopath.
7. NO ANIMAL TESTING: Homeopathic remedies are tested only on healthy humans to determine the range of action of each remedy.
8. COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINE: Homeopathy can be used independently or along with conventional drugs and other therapies (with the full knowledge of your other healthcare providers). It often can alleviate the unpleasant side effects of conventional treatments (e.g., chemotherapy).
9. ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: Homeopathy has no adverse impact on the environment. There is no waste of energy or natural resources in the manufacturing process and no pollution of the water supply, oceans, or dumpsites when used. In fact, homeopathy is the ultimate Green Medicine!
10. MEDICINE OF THE FUTURE: Homeopathy is widely used around the world. It is available in most countries and is gaining in popularity as a complementary, integrative or alternative approach to conventional medicine.
Source: Canadian Society of Homeopaths.
Sourced with thanks to Canadian Society of Homeopaths / www.csoh.ca
Photo by James Lee on Unsplash